It’s here. Crunch time.
Only a full solid week left to decide what you are going to be for Halloween this year.
If you aren’t boring, like the rest of us non-boring individuals over here in the StopBeingBoring staff room, you probably already know who or what you are going to be next weekend. You’ve already gone to the store to purchase your supplies to put together – the Best. Halloween. Costume. Ever.
But, maybe you are here to figure out what you are going to put together this year. That costume that will have others talking about you from November 1st, 2010 till October 30th, 2011. The costume that will earn you the title of the Most-Not-Boring Costume of Halloween 2010.
And you’ve come to the right place. Although we can’t instill creativity in you, what we can do is to tell you what to avoid. So, here it is instead of telling you what we think is the best of 2010 here is what we consider the most mundane and overplayed - The List of Halloween Costumes to Avoid in 2010
WARNING : If you choose one of these costume options for Halloween 2010 you are likely to blend in.
1. Lady Gaga – sorry little monsters but this costume is as played out as “Telephone.” We’ve seen Lady Gaga in everything from a meat dress to a bird’s nest to every wannabe Best Halloween Costume in 2009, it’s 2010 – time to move on!
2. Michael Jackson - Sure “Thriller” might be the greatest Halloween music video of all time but the King of Pop was buried last year and we’d like you to do the same to that white glove that you are thinking of wearing next weekend.
3. Vampires - of all kinds. Enough said.
4. Harry Potter – There are 7 movies out of the franchise and with your budget we highly doubt you can top the productions wardrobe budget.
5. Jersey Shore- There’s probably been at least one or two “Jersey Shore” parties for you over the past year, dressing like them is kind of like dressing next to normal for the majority of the country. Do us a favor and pahk that cahr in Seaside and leave it there – are you growing gray hairs or is the build of hair gel/hairspray starting to harden in your hair?
6. [Insert here: Your favorite sports-team Jersey with some black shoe polish under your eyes] – you are just being lazy, wear your Manning jersey on game day, not Today!
7. Michael Phelps – yawn. 2008 was 2 years ago. Find us the next Michael Phelps and than you have a winner.
8. Mad Hatter - OK, we’ll admit, Tim Burton’s movie version does give excellent inspiration to be the Mad-Hatter, but I promise you, you will see many a Mad person in Hats this year.
9. The “Sexy” version of [insert predominately male profession here] – Cops, Firemen, Construction workers, Corrections Officer, FBI Agent, Pilot – I’ve seen it all, hell – I’ve been them all. Time to own up ladies. There are 364 other days out of the year to dress on the scandalous side, don’t use Halloween as your only excuse.
10. JUSTIN BIEBER – Especially for you Bostonians- after this year’s MTV VMA’s this one is just too easy to pull off – all’s you would have to do is part your hair in a comb over and done a Red Sox hat, we aren’t going to allow this one to fly by – unless of course you can move and sing like the Biebs, than maybe we’d toss ya a candy corn or two.
How will you do it? How will you be the most original, the Most – Not – Boring – Costume of 2010? – You tell us! Send us a picture, tell us how you did it and YOU will be featured on StopBeingBoring.com – but it doesn’t stop there. Know a good party we can check out? Think you know where the most creative-Halloween-partiers will be this year?
Drop Amy Dee a line on the Talk To Uspage, and we’ll make you internet famous.
Best of luck my little monsters.